Ten Questions about Quantum Computing and Other Topics
I was recently interviewed by SXSW Chief Programming Officer (and all around amazing human being), Hugh Forrest. I’d like to share that interview with you today. It seems Hugh tries to write at least four paragraphs per day on Medium. So I was happy to help with this interview/post. I think you’ll find it insightful.
The questions that ended up being my favorites are:
- In 20 words or less, explain quantum computing such that folks who aren’t PhD-level engineers can understand what it means.
- What’s easier to explain: quantum computing or blockchain?
- One of the two books that you are releasing at SXSW 2018 in March is called Endless Impossibilities. This book brings the realities of a quantum future into the present, exploring the inevitability of quantum computing and its impacts. So what will quantum computing do for the average user?
- While you’ve never served as a keynote speaker at the event before, you certainly participated in SXSW in many different ways over the last 20 years. What are your favorite South By memories?
- When did William Hurley become whurley? Is there a creation story on this particular transition?
Want to see how I responded to these and other questions? Head on over to Hugh Forrest’s Medium blog to read the interview in its entirety. It was really fun to work with Hugh on this, and I hope you enjoy reading it.